Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sorry Folks.....

Well it's been awhile since I've posted anything in length. But a lot has been going on just within the last month my Mom has been discovered with a mass on her lungs and also a tumor on her brain. She's 78 and they are now doing radiation on her brain and they just started Chemo on her lung. It has metastasized and it's a small cell cancer that is growing rapidly. While she's having the treatment she is staying at a convalescent home for her care. I visit her everyday and at first she was in sad spirits but just recently she seems to be doing better, maybe it's the drugs or her mindset. But whatever it is I'm glad to see her at some ease. When I went to see her yesterday as I walked into her room I found her dosing and as she woke the first thing she did was grab her comb to fix her hair and as she combed her hair was filling the comb. My heart broke with every stroke she took and her hair came out. I reached out and held her hand to stop her and told her she looked beautiful and she didn't need to do that. I don't know how much longer I have with my Mom but for all who read this please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for it to be as comfortable as it can be for her, she's my baby.

But as we all know that life goes on no matter what, I hosted one of the Detroit area's "Ride Of Silence" and it went well considering the weather. We had 40 or so riders show and it went well. Still riding and doing kickboxing. I have almost 1000 miles in so far this year and it seems now that every time I go on a MTB ride it seems to be a stress reliever. If it wasn't for that bike I think I would of lost my mind a few times in the last few years. Had the 4th annual "Hodaddy's Hump in the "D" " a few weeks ago and it was a blast. But the best time I had recently was just past Wednesday when I, my wife Laura and son Michael(16) went and saw "Rider on the Storm" in concert. It was Ray Manzarek and Robby Kreager of the Doors plus their new front man, Brett Scallions from Fuel and they fucking ROCKED. I saw The Doors back in 1970 at Cobo Arena, don't remember much due to my state of mind, but it was so cool to hear them now and just understand how much history is involved in each and every song. It was in a small venue, The Emerald Theater in MT Clements and it sits maybe at the most 1500, so we were maybe 100 ft from the stage at a cocktail table with waitress's serving us, it was just too cool.

In a week the unveiling of the new crime blog that I am proud to be involved with will be open to the reading public. It's called "In Cold Blog" and it is just chucked full of such interesting folks of all aspects of crime writing and experts in the field...and then there's me!!! But give it a look and let me know what you think. Please remember my Mom in your prayers, and "THANKS".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter
free web counter